IOS Developer - Support Services Group (SSG)
|Salary band:||£50k - £60k|
|Salary Details:||£45000 - £55000 per annum + excellent benefits|
|Company:||Support Services Group (SSG)|
|Sector:||IT | Sales | Retail | Information Technology|
|Job Categories:||Computer Networking Sales Jobs | IT Consultancy Jobs | IT Services Jobs | Software Sales Jobs | IT Internet Jobs|
to GBP55,000 plus bonus and benefits
My client is a global leader in targeted technical sales across multiple market segments, representing some of the worldwide industry leaders in the technical and FMCG markets. Due to expansion, they are seeking talented Mid and Senior Level IOS Developers for their office in Surrey to work on a fantastic new project. You will work for a company who get excited about technology, are forward thinking and progressive where you will work on interesting projects and gain exposure to the latest technologies.
You will be working as a developer in a small, self managing, cross functional team in a place that knows the practices Agile methodology, where you will be recognised for your efforts in a social, flexible working environment. Each team handles all aspects of delivery for the project they are working on; going from initial requirements all the way through to working, shippable software, as such you will be expected to contribute to all facets of the development process. Along with the rest of the team you will be responsible for design, architecture and writing code for all areas of the product whether it be front end, server side, database or even deployment and build infrastructure.
Skills & Requirements :
- 4+ years of commercial experience
- Excellent knowledge of Swift 4 with strong experience using UI Kit, Foundation and a variety of other Apple frameworks (e.g. CoreGraphics, WatchKit, CoreData) and Xcode
- Experience of building complex iOS applications using the latest design patterns (MVP, MVVM, POP)
- Experience working with a variety of web services data formats (e.g. JSON, XML, ProtoBuf), architectural styles (e.g. REST, SOAP) and authentication schemes (e.g. OAuth 2.0)
- Good understanding of writing unit tests, UI tests and reporting code coverage
- Experience of using Cocoapods, Carthage or Swift Package Manager
- Experience of Objective-C and how to interop between it and Swift
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Positive proactive attitude, willing to turn their hand to any problem, and willing to work things out when they fall outside their area of direct expertise.
- Eager to work as a member of a team and pitch in to ensure the team succeeds with its commitments.
- An interest in expanding your horizons and learning new skills as well as caring about doing things well.
- More senior candidates (7+ years experience) should demonstrate leadership potential and be able to tick a lot more of the nice to have boxes below.
Nice to have
We will be particularly interested in your application if you can tick some or all of these boxes too.
- Experience in developing WatchKit, AppleTV, MacOS or Swift server apps
- Mobile development experience for Android using native methods (Java, Kotlin). We build native mobile clients for both Android and iOS so being able to make a contribution to Android as well as iOS would be extremely desirable. If you havent done Android development then well be hoping that you are enthusiastic about learning.
- Experience of test driven development, writing unit tests and a solid understanding of how to write testable code
- Experience of working as a member of an agile team and familiar with agile planning and estimation techniques. A good understanding of the fundamental rationale for employing an agile approach
- Experience with using engineering practices that compliment an agile approach. Test driven development, source branching strategies (GIT Flow), continuous integration etc.
- Experience working with Jira, GIT, Team City and Octopus for source control, builds / deployment backlog and task management.
We would be very interested to to talk to candidates at all levels of experience, as there is room for development.
Please apply now to be considered. For more information please contact Stephanie Taggart at Collective Recruit Ltd. CV feedback will be provided no earlier than 72 hours following your submission.
Our client has appointed Collective Recruit as their resource partner & we are managing this role on their behalf. To apply for this position please click on the "apply now" button below. Your details as submitted by you, will only be forwarded in relation to this vacancy; by submitting your CV to us you are giving us express consent to provide our client with your full details if we believe your skills and experience meets with our client's criteria and/or need.